It is central to the philosophy of this Trust that our students will learn in an orderly atmosphere, developing the capacity for creative independent thought and the ability to communicate effectively.
Gillian Marhsall MSc
CEO, Alpha Trust
Our vision has school improvement at the core of every decision we take ensuring every child is given the opportunity to achieve outstanding outcomes. We will achieve this by:
- Securing the MAT mission, vision and strategy whilst balancing the autonomy of the trust’s individual schools.
- Building relationships with other MATs and stakeholders, both regionally and nationally.
- Creating a centre of educational excellence and innovation.
- Training, recruiting and retaining teachers, leaders and support staff through high quality professional development.
- Providing outstanding teaching and learning through a broad, well-balanced and personalised curriculum.
- Ensuring that students of all abilities and different groups of children achieve outstanding outcomes.
- Establishing a strong work ethic and perseverance, “diligentia et constantia”, so that learning takes place in an orderly, disciplined atmosphere.
- Providing the highest quality education for all students to enable them to achieve excellence in public examinations.
- Developing leadership, entrepreneurial and appropriate technological skills together with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Developing students’ understanding of our economic and political environment and the wider natural environment.
- Providing outstanding pastoral care which nurtures emotional health and wellbeing.
- Enabling students to cope emotionally, physically and spiritually with the pressures and demands of life.
- Developing effective, caring individuals who are valued, feel safe and secure, who have compassion and who have respect for social, moral, spiritual and British values in a multi-cultural society.
- Providing access to the highest quality further education and employment.
- Requiring that services are delivered efficiently and represent outstanding value for money.
As a family of schools we are working collaboratively to celebrate and nurture both the similarities and distinctiveness of each school’s ethos and values. We celebrate the uniqueness of all students through outstanding pastoral care, academic challenge and inspirational teaching. Each child is supported to flourish and make a positive contribution to the communities they serve.
We expect all members of Alpha Trust to respect and model our core values:
- Integrity and Honesty